30 November 2012

black drummer

it has been so long since my last post. it has been so long since I entered my blog at all. it has been so long since I made a go of something I really like. sooo long… I feel that the musts of my everyday life overcome the wants and I do not like it at all. especially when I realize that the best I do to fight this back is to turn myself into a lazy disgusting primitive dressed in pjs, with blank pc stare and remains of nacho dip and self-pity around my lips. and please don’t get me wrong, primitive is ok but lazy and disgusting are not. so in a flare of kickback I decided to post - at last - some pics of D. from a live back in summer.
D. aka Dimitris Koutsiouris is a bassist that has performed with various bands for more than 10 years now. his previous lovely child was The Strays. today is one of the founding members of Black Drummer, a four-piece band fronted by his long-time associate Toby Marriott. the band collaborates with successful producers Vance Powell and Dave Cobb on their as-yet untitled debut album. they spent the early half of 2012 deeply buried in a Nashville studio writing, rehearsing and recording and the summer touring across the UK. the universe colluded with me and I had the chance to meet D. a few years ago and for that I consider myself very lucky. he is one of those REAL artists that had been through hard times, experienced heaven and hell, lived glorious moments and travelled around the world to be with his eternal lover… music.
 
 





 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment